Unpaid Invoice

Unpaid Account / Invoice, N.S.F. Cheque Claims in Small Claims Court

If you find yourself in the unfortunate, but common, situation where a customer or client has not paid you for services rendered or for merchandise already delivered, you may file Unpaid Account / Invoice claim in Small Claims Court if the amount owed to you is $25,000 or less.

Debt collection is one of the types of claims usually brought to Small Claims Court. About 50% of Unpaid Account / Invoice or NSF Cheques claims filed in Small Claims Courts are filed by businesses. The following are claims that can be filed in the Small Claims Court:

  • Unpaid accounts / invoices for goods sold and delivered
  • Unpaid accounts / invoices for services rendered
  • Unpaid loans
  • Unpaid rent

Unpaid Account / Invoice, N.S.F. Cheque Proceedings in Small Claims Court:

You might want to file a claim for Unpaid Account / Invoice, N.S.F. Cheque matters in small claims court if the damages you will request are not more than $25,000. The number of steps in a Small Claims Court proceedings varies from case to case.

Time Limits: There may be a time limit on how long you can wait before making a claim in Small Claims Court, which is set out in the Limitations Act. Under the law, the time you have to sue may run out. The deadlines vary depending on the circumstances of the case, and the type of case or claim.  If you aren’t sure about whether you are still in time to make a claim, talk to our firm..

The following steps will have to be taken for your Unpaid Account / Invoice, NSF Cheque case in Small Claims Court:

  • Completing the Plaintiff’s Claim form
  • Preparing all documents and evidences that can support your case
  • Filing the claim.
  • Paying Small Claims Court fees.
  • Serving the Plaintiff’s Claim
  • Affidavit of Service .

How Mississauga Paralegal Can Help You with your Unpaid Account / Invoice, NSF Cheque Case in Small Claims Court.

There are 5 reasons why you may consider asking Mississauga Paralegal for assistance:

  1. At Mississauga Paralegal, we have experience and knowledge; we know how to deal with your Unpaid Account / Invoice, NSF Cheque case in Small Claims Court.
  2. If you retain our firm  to represent you  for your Unpaid Account / Invoice, NSF Cheque case, we’ll go to the court  as it is necessary, we’ll guide you through the trial.
  3. You will not have to ask for a day off at work for filing and serving documents.
  4. Our firm will develop the best possible strategy of your claim.
  5. We make sure that all evidences are well-organized for your Unpaid Account / Invoice, N.S.F. Cheque case and all time limits are considered.

Mississauga Paralegal provides with paralegal services for Unpaid Account / Invoice, N.S.F. Cheque claims in Small Claims Courts in Toronto, Aurora, Barrie, Brampton, Burlington, Caledon, Collingwood, Maple, Markham, Mississauga, Newmarket, Oakville, Orillia, Richmond Hill, Scarborough, St. Catharines, Thornhill, and Vaughan.

Learn more by contacting us, to see how we can help you resolve your unpaid invoice or account with a no-fee consultation.