The successful candidate will have strong academic credentials, excellent research and drafting skills, the ability to work independently comfort appearing before the courts or other tribunals and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Represent clients in Small Claims Court and Landlord -Tenant matters:
- Court appearances including Trial and/or Tribunal Hearings
- Administrative tasks.
- Maintaining client relationships
- Coordinate efforts to ensure client needs are met.
Serve as our client Intake Representative.
- Conducting Phone Consultations
- Prospective Client Engagement
- Processing New Files
- Conflict Check
- Listening to the client’s story
- Relate back to the client the significant parts of the story
- Determine the client’s objective
- Describe to the client the law that applies to the problem
- Identify additional needed information
- Establish the method of charging legal fees and provide client with the amount of the fee or a realistic estimate.
- Prospective client signs ups
Training, Mentoring & Coaching
Our firm offers Training, Mentoring & Coaching programs for paralegals
Our personalized approach to coaching, combined with more than 7 years of Training, Mentoring & Coaching experience, sets us apart from other companies and provides you with the individualized attention you need. Together you will create a vision for where you want to be in business, then develop specific plans to get you there and develop your training skills along the way.This is intended for new and experienced paralegals.
Internship or Volunteer
Internships and Volunteering are a great introduction to the Paralegal field and a way to get valuable hands-on training while doing meaningful work that has a real impact. When you join us as an intern , you get a chance to gain relevant work experience, further develop your skills and find the area of our business that’s the best fit for you. And we benefit too – from your talent, enthusiasm and fresh ideas.
- Paralegal licensed and in good standing with the Law Society of Upper Canada and with experience in litigation/trial in small claims court .
- Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules
- Experience in commercial or consumer collection, accounts receivable and credit adjudication related work Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Proficient knowledge of MS Excel, Project, Word and Outlook, PC Law and Time Matters Ability to work with minimal supervision and a great deal of autonomy
- Strong organizational and analytical skills Ability to work well under pressure to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills Detail-oriented, strategic-minded problem solving skills
- Desire to succeed in a competitive environment, independently and as part of a team Ability to take initiative and to follow through on projects .
We offer a competitive compensation with growth opportunities. We thank all interested applicants; however we will only be contacting those which possess the skills and qualifications as outlined above. Potential employees will be required to complete reference checks as part of the pre-employment process. If you excel in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment with dynamic and challenging results-driven work, your possibilities are endless
To apply, please send your resumes to email@example.com
While we thank everyone who applies for their time, only those who are short-listed will be contacted due to high volume of resumes received.